Thursday, September 8, 2011

Principal's office and sticky fingers

Today was the first day a kid went to the Principals office! That is the baddest thing that happens to you if you are bad. Michael hit Ben so he went.  What if a kid is good and he goes? I did not sit next to Ben at lunch and that was good. James was near me but he got moved. If we behave in the cabateria like we did today we will not get ice cream tomorrow. One girl said she was a buyer but she really was a packer. I want to be a buyer.

A scurvy dog he be!- Yesterday a little fart named Ben stole one of Jackson's fruit snacks at lunch.  I suppressed the mama bear in me (he was pretty upset) and we worked out some strategies to avoid the situation tomorrow (yes I know it was only one fruit snack, but they are a BIG DEAL in our house). Turns out, yesterday he had to sit at the "I have peanut butter in my lunch" table with Ben. Here I was thinking I didn't have to worry about my kid being ostracized at lunch because he came out food allergy free. Looks like the tables have turned folks.  Jackson loves peanut butter enough to keep on sitting at the special table, he told me so. Anyways... we packed a knife in his lunch box, it was plastic but serrated. I kid. We figured he could eat the gummies while holding the bag to avoid Ben's literally and figuratively sticky fingers.

About buying lunch- Sorry buddy.  Until I stop seeing Sea Nuggets and Fried Salsbury Steak with Gravy on the menu the answer is a big fat NO.  I do promise to pack you more interesting lunches to keep your eyes off the tater tots and mystery fried veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment