Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Morning News

Today Mattie's morning news was funny.  She said she ate a purple DS.  How is that even possible?  How could she eat a DS? Ms. Carroll said she didn't think anyone could eat a DS.  Guess what my morning news was?  I told about the time that I went to Mill Mountain Zoo and caught a skink.  Then I got to tell everyone what a skink was.  I said it is a tiny lizard with a blue tail, then I laughed. It is close to being a cousin with a lizard, they are a lot alike.  Ms. Carroll counts, 5,4,3,2,1 then you have to pass the bean bag and your morning news is over.  That really does happen in kindergarten.

I learned today that you never read books at the table with food.  A hedgehog did it and she got in big trouble because she got chocolate milk and raspberry on the book.  Raspberry jelly.  She put it in the washing machine but that torn the book up.  The book went to the book hospital and it was okay.  There were lots of books in the book hospital.

Everyone stayed on green but we didn't get a gold coin because we were all too loud today.  

Ahoy- For those of you who don't know, a DS is in reference to a handheld Nintendo game that only kindergartner's with older siblings have and the rest of them get one for Christmas.  At least that's what it seems like.  Anyways, it's big and Mattie definitely didn't eat a purple one.  Jackson loves morning news and it terrifies me.  I may have to start plugging morning news ideas before he leaves the house just to make sure none of our deep, dark family secrets gets to kindergarten.
I'm pretty sure the stoplight behavior system is going to graduate a whole generation of kids with an aversion to red and yellow and a love for green.  Jackson is already avoiding all things red and gravitating towards anything green.  It's time for me to go come up with some green silly-bandish toy and make my millions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment