Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sometimes I wish kindergarten was as long as preschool.  It's a long time.  On the bus all the kids call a hill roller coaster hill and now Mr. T (bus driver) calls it that too.  I live at the bottom of roller coaster hill.  J.Vincent's last day was Monday.  He moved.  Whenever Mattie gets to sit on the bench she won't let me sit there.  She only lets girls sit with her and that's not fair.  I don't really want to sit with all the girls though.  You know the kitty bowls we made in art?  I know what we are going to do with them.  Put googly eyes on them and paint them.  I know because I saw Ms. Smith's class with theirs.  At snack today, did you pack me something like pirate juice?

Ahoy- We haven't seen Jackson get hung up on being allowed to do things that the "girls" are doing... ever.  He really has a thing for that Mattie.  I got word from Mattie's mom that he did in fact write "I like Mattie because she's pretty" in her Mate of the Week book.
Our first parent/teacher conference happened yesterday.  Jackson is a perfectionist.  His perfectionism (at school only) annoys (not her word) his teacher because he requires her to restate any and all directions to him personally.  Academically he's doing great.  He has the attention span of me (shared with a fly) and Chris's perfectionism complex.  Weird combination.  We'll see how it pans out.  We still like him... a lot.      

No comments:

Post a Comment